Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Rory!!!



You only have your first child's first birthday once, so I may have gone a little overboard. Luckily I did stay on budget - for the most part. I made her invitations. Photo bucket has a pretty cool online editing program that's free. I had them printed at Costco for .39 cents a piece. I thought they came out pretty darn cute. Guests were asked to BYOT or Bring Your Own Topping for sundaes because it was an ice cream themed party. Our kitchen island was covered in every kind of topping possible. It was a lot of fun making sundaes to eat with the cake; however, we now have a lifetime supply of ice cream toppings because no one took them home.



I saw a sign like this on Etsy for $20. So, I pulled out my paints and created something similar.



My mother in law loves quilting and has been working on a birthday table runner. I thought it went well on the party table.



Rory got her very own cupcake to destroy. Again, I saw some super cute custom candles on Etsy and decided to try to do it myself. I just bought one of those plain number candles and gave it a face lift with paint and pink sparkle glue.



My very talented mother in law made the cakes. We had a banana nut, chocolate, and white cake. She's been working with fondant lately, and I was so excited to see what she came up with for the party.

The kids played pin the cherry on the sundae. They had soooo much fun. My mother in law and nieces created the sundae to match Rory's shirt on the invitations. I also got a pull string pinata so that Rory could be involved. It was okay, but a little dangerous. The kid who pull 'the' string almost had his head taken off when the pinata hook broke. I also rented a jumping castle that we didn't get any pics of. It was a purple and pink castle and fit perfectly in the back yard. There were a ton of little ones, so it saved my house from total destruction. Luckily they set it up a few hours before the party and we got to play in it with Rory before anyone got here. She had a lot of fun wrestling with the two of us in it.

We sang happy birthday to Rory!

She wasn't too sure what to do with her cupcake at first.

But, she figured it out.

Finally, Daddy helped her open presents! Thanks to everyone who came out and celebrated one year of Rory with us!!! We really appreciated it.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Wow! Now that looks like a party that I want to be invited to. Sadly, I don't think Jack will get quite as big a bash as Rory. I'm glad her big day was so awesome!

Manzo Family said...

It was a great party! We had so much fun! Thanks!

Nicole said...

The first party is always the biggest. It was a cool party...the boys really liked all Rory's toys!

Rachel said...

Yu should be a party planner. That sounds like so much FUN! Don't tell Charley, she'll be lucky to get a cupcake on her bday. Third child you know.