Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Catching Up

It has been forever since the last blog. Time has completely gotten away from me. I would really like to keep this updated, so I'm going back in time a little to catch up. I wrote about Rory's birthday party, but completely forgot to write about her actual birthday. My in laws were in Utah the weekend of the 23rd, so the party got bumped a week. It actually worked out for us because it rained like crazy on her birthday. We got all dressed and ready to hit the town, but had to wait out the weather for a couple hours. After it stopped raining, we figured the temperature was nice enough to take a stroll around the zoo. Unfortunately the batteries in both my camera and phone were dead, so I don't have any pics. :( It was crazy fun. We got to see the anteater pretty close up. Rory's face was priceless. She looked so puzzled. She didn't really care to notice many animals after that until we ended at my favorite, the tiger. The big 'kitty' was pacing back and forth against the glass. We pushed Rory right up to it and her head followed the tiger's pacing. She was mesmerized and still looked a bit puzzled at first. After a while she started to scream (with joy) and point at the glass. I'm pretty sure the tiger was her favorite too. The zoo was perfect! Neither of us had been there for years and it's the perfect size for small children.

After the zoo, we went pinata shopping. I'm pretty sure party stores don't care if they ever sell a pinata or not. They keep them on the very top of the shelves without any visible pricing and nobody around to help. After we were done at Party City, we went to Fuddruckers. Rory had her first burger/slider. She only wanted to eat the bun. That girl loves her carbs! lol. I thought about having them sing Happy Birthday to her, but everyone around us was there for a birthday too. I decided to give their vocal cords and break and just buy Rory a sundae. We all shared it despite Rory wanting it all to herself. It was a perfect little day. I'm am forever greatful to have Rory in my life and can't wait to see what this next year brings!

No comments: