Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Easter

The Easter festivities started on Friday for us. We spent the day dying eggs, decorating cookies, and kicking butt at an egg hunt. Some of Rory's cousins came down to participate in all the fun that Janice worked so hard on.

For some reason it never occurred to me that egg dying was going to be super messy. I mean I have a hard time keeping clean. I don't know why I didn't realize Rory was going to make a monster of a mess. She REALLY liked the blue dye and decided that the entire counter should be blue. lol. I didn't take any pics because I was too busy trying to help clean, but it was everywhere. She also really like cracking the eggs. She laughs when I crack eggs, so this was her chance to try it out.


After dying eggs we decorated cookies. Rory's Nana lent her this super cute apron that she didn't want to take off. Too cute. As usual she only wanted to eat the icing.
After cookies we did an egg hunt. I wasn't sure if Rory would get what to do, but she picked it up right away. We only had to point out a couple of eggs an she went on from there. She would get sooooo excited every time she saw an egg. She would rush over and then throw it in her bucket. I was amazed at how good she was. She had a ton of fun!

After conference on Sunday, went to my parents house after conference. Rory had fun running around outside and doing another egg hunt. I think Easter might be her favorite holiday.


I didn't get a picture of her basket, but she got a farm animal wooden puzzle, ABC by Dr. Suess, a bunny, m&m's, and some chocolate gold fish. She loved everything especially the book. I now have the entire book memorized. I get to read it about three times a day, so I'm thinking it's time for a new book already.

No comments: