Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer Part I

Okay, so I'm sure we're all aware I am a terrible blogger and should never go into blogging for a living. I have this problem with NEEDING to catch up. I feel like I can't move on without getting some of the past. So this is the first in (hopefully) a quick series about summer.



We left off with Easter...



I made my first dress. It was supposed to be done by Easter, but didn't get finished till the next weekend. I had seen the fabric numerous times at Joann's, but finally found a reason to buy it. I think it came out pretty darn cute. My very talented MIL helped out a lot with the zipper and hem. So, really I didn't do much of the hard stuff.

While I was pregnant with Rory, Landon spent A LOT of time helping my cousin restore this boat. He painted it, worked on the electical, and what not. Being pregnant and afraid of boats I would get sooooo frustrated with him spending so much time on it. But now that we get to use it pretty much whenever we want, I'm so thankful he put in the time. It's a ton of fun!

We FINALLY took the boat out for the first time. We went to Lake Roosevelt. It was a beautiful, cool, overcast day. It took me a while to get over my boating fear, but we ended up spending a full 7 hrs. exploring the lake together. It was one of my favorite days of summer.

We had so much fun, we decided to make it our Sherwart Memorial Day Vacation 2010. The theme was 'Get it up!' because we spent so much time trying to get up on boards that weekend. It was a great time filled with Landon trying to drown me and a pregnant Nicole on a tube, me almost killing the boys on a tube, attempting to wake board, the boys learning to knee board, Landon almost drowning after strapping himself onto the knee board (lol), Jeremy taking a board to the eye, sandwiches on the boat, swimming, super loud mexican music late at night, sunburns, ants, and weird camp neighbors. :)

....................................................................
Rory and I also spent some time at the zoo with her cousin Paige and Paige's mommy Amanda. We had a lot of fun and Rory really enjoyed seeing some of the animals. We even got to feed the Giraffe! Sooo worth $2. I really like the Tucson Zoo. It's kinda small, but the prefect size for small kids. Hopefully it will cool off soon so we can go back.

No comments: