Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Califonia here we come...

I know it's crazy late, but I'm trying to catch up since the last post.

We had our second annual 'adult' vacation with The Sherman's at the end of June. It was pretty fun, but exhausting. The boys had planned the Mexico excursion last summer, so Nicole and I took over planning this summer. Originally, we were going to leave early Friday morning, but Landon called in sick to work and talked everyone into leaving Thursday night. We left around midnight and spent the rest of the night in Yuma at the Microtel. You can tell it's pretty shmancy from the name. We all got ready that morning in the tiny room we shared and put on our Sunday best. When we left around 9:00 am, the temperature was already well into the 100's. We stopped to buy Landon a tie, and then headed to San Diego. We arrived in San Diego around the same time we would have if we had left that morning, but I guess our night in Yuma broke up the drive some. Nicole and Jeremy wanted to go to the Temple while we were in Cali and I'm so happy they did. Landon and I were a little unsure about it, but it was definitely worth the extra drive. It was soooo beautiful. We ate lunch there and then waited almost an hour to do a session. I guess it's pretty slow in the evenings, so they only do one session an hour. I could not get over how few people were actually there. Jeremy and Nicole got to be the witness couple. After, we took a ton of pictures that were all AMAZING!

This is my favorite!


The next day we went to Disneyland. We were there from about 8 am to midnight. Landon and I kinda led Jeremy and Nicole around. We usually go every summer on our own, so we have a routine. I felt a little bad for them - especially when Landon made them ride Pirates of the Caribbean a second time. It was a ton of fun though. I spent most of the day wet because they loved Splash Mountain and actually talked Landon into going on it more than once. Lines were awesome and the weather was great!

Landon and I on his favorite ride - Thunder Mountain Railroad.


We left the park to walk to Bubba Gump Shrimp.
It was totally worth the 10 minute trek.


We decided to skip Hollywood Blvd. and just drive home Sunday morning. The boys went West instead of East and got us lost. Luckily we were close to the ocean and decided to make a pit stop.



Jeremy and Nicole passed out on the way home.


It really was a great trip; however, I look forward to whatever laid back vacation the boys plan next year.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I wondered if the trip was good enough for you to blog about....We had alot of fun with you guys....we always do! I am looking forward to a relaxing vacation next year.