Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fun and Fireworks!!

I was a little unsure of how 4th of July weekend would turn out because there's a little rift in parts of my family right now. We usually get to visit with all of my mom's cousins and their kids, but some of our favorite people were not going to be around. I was pretty sad at first and not all that sure I wanted to celebrate in Benson, but it was a pretty fun couple of days. My mom's cousin Jamie and her husband James had their annual 4th of July party on the third. There was lots of yummy food, desserts, and little ones for Rory to play with. She filled up on fruit salad and showed off some of her walking skills. The next morning we woke up early and got ready to go to Landon's parent's house for breakfast. I was really looking forward to some of Janice's homemade cinnamon roles... mmmmm.

I've gotten a little into crafting - especially tutu's.
It's weird for me, but Rory just looks so darn cute!





All ready to go!


After breakfast, we headed to my Nana and Tata Mendoza's house to watch the parade. I've been doing this pretty much my entire life, so it was a lot of fun to have Rory there with all the family.
Rory and my mom.
I think they look alike.


My cousin Daniel showed up in his new 'do.


Everyone in the parade, loved Rory's tutu!
She loved all the big snorts (fire trucks).


The parade ended with way too few tractors - one year I counted 28. We had hot dogs and ice cream at Jeremy and Nicole's house. They were nice enough to let us come over after spending the entire weekend before with us. Jayden really wanted to play with Rory. It was crazy cute. He wanted her to ride his quad with him and then wanted to watch Kung Fu Panda with her. We later stopped at my great grandma's house to hang with my mom's family. It was nice seeing everyone who made it down. Dinner was at Lan and Janice's. Landon's sister and one of his brother's were down with their families. It was a nice and laid back evening. Janice was nice enough to watch Rory so Landon and I could watch fireworks from the park. I was afraid the noise would scare her. We got to the park just in time to find my family at their usual spot next to the Ramada and settle onto a blanket before the show began. I love watching fireworks cuddled up with my love.



Me and my Tata Woods.


For having so many places to go and so many people to visit it was actually a really relaxing day. After church on Sunday, we were invited to another of my mom's cousin's house to go swimming. We only live 5 minutes from them, but rarely make it over to their house. Rory loved the water!!! Unfortunately I didn't take a camera. She went crazy splashing and getting herself wet. It was so much fun! Thankfully Rory's first 4th was a great one!

2 comments:

Manzo Family said...

I love the tutu, how fun. She looks so cute!

Kris said...

That was awesome! I LOVE the tutu- I love it so much that I might steal that idea if I ever have another girl. It's amazing how girly & crafty we can get for these girls of ours, huh?