Thursday, October 15, 2009

Patty, Pudge, and Tee.



These our my little chatterbox's favorite words lately. She's really stuck on 'Pudge' in particular right now. Pudge is the name of my parents dog and Rory likes to call anything that barks this name. She says it ALL DAY LONG! If she gets close to a window - "Pudge!" If we go out side - "Pudge!" If she see's my parents - "Pudge!" This should be super cute and funny. I should be happy with her growing vocabulary, but somehow each new word makes me kinda sad. Not sad because I'm losing my baby. Sad in the sense that she doesn't EVER say 'mama.' :( She know's the name of my parent's dog (and the name for every other dog), but she doesn't know mine. Although I'm sad, I still want to celebrate all the fun new toddler things Rory's up to.



Let's go back to her talking. She can say patty, clap, and mark her hands playing patty cake. Every time she sees or hears the cat she can bounce, clap, and yell "TEE!! TEE!!" - this is how she says kitty. Cute, I know. She loves that cat sooooo much and is very good about being soft and nice when petting 'Tee.' Her first word was 'daddy' or 'da-ee.' She would yell it out the back door when Landon would go check on his garden. She only says it occasionally now. She also LOVES the word 'hello' or 'h-o.' She pretends to talk on the phone or anything she can hold up to her ear (I once saw her talk into a sock) and says 'h-o' in this funny, deap, serious voice. I've see her chase birds yelling 'bird.' She does say 'Oshi' alot when talking to me. I think this may be the name she has picked for me. This should also be cute, but it doesn't always sound like just 'Oshi.'


She's very expressive when she talks and likes to use her hands.

Rory loves to run around and sneak up on 'da-ee' with me. She even crouches into a sneaking position with me. She is getting speedier with her walking, but this leads to hard falls and lots of fat lips. I feel like her lip is always swollen and bruised. I was sure she knocked out her two front teeth a couple weeks ago. Thank goodness they're fine. She's also doing a lot of climbing. No big falls from that yet, but I know they're coming.



Last week we been spent a lot of time dancing around - it's less embarrassing with Landon gone. It was a big dance party for the two of us. She has so many different, funny moves. Her new fav is spinning in circles. I know they say TV is bad for your kids, but this is a move she picked up from 'Imagination Movers.'



Dress up is also a favorite around the house. Rory loves to get into laundry or her dresser and attempt to put clothes on. I caught her walking around with her bathing suit hanging down from her neck last week. She also likes to carry a purse with her toys around. Last week I was wearing a flower clip in my hair and she continuously tried grabbing at it. I finally put it in her hair and she just smiled and left it. This NEVER happens anymore. She hates her hair being messed with and pulls out barrets and pony tails. She snaps herself in the face with headbands. But that day, she left this flower clip in and liked it. Since then I put one in my hair when getting her ready and then move it to her hair when she's dressed. She does a pretty good job of leaving it in (most of the time). I'm going to take it as a compliment and think of it as she wants to be like me. This helps make up for my name being 'Oshi.'




You can see the shirt she's wearing on her arm.

She's getting so playful and is such a little copycat! I love it! She's getting pretty good at doing 'Five Little Monkey's Jumping on the Bed.' She pats her head at the bumping head part and waves her finger at the 'no more monkey's jumping on the bed' part. She surprises me everyday with something new and cute. Landon got to come home to her new trick of saying 'boo' when playing peak a boo.


Rory is so attached to my mom. They're best friends. LOL.

Rory is now 14 months and such a toddler. She's even looking like a little girl. She has such an amazing and outgoing personality. She's not afraid to go up to strangers and make them smile with one of her many cool tricks. I really am so thankful to have this spunky little person in my life. I'm so in love with her and amazed at what a blessing she is.


1 comment:

Kris said...

What a little cutie! I can totally relate to the sadness over the "mama" issue. Emma was a TOTAL Daddy's girl & didn't even like me to hold her. She would never snuggle with me, & it broke my heart every time. You just need to have another one- I hit the jackpot with Mama's boy Frank.

I LOVE that dress. I tried to buy it for Emma's birthday dress, but she didn't like the brown. Boo. It's so cute!