Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Snowflake

Landon's brother moved to Snowflake at the end of summer. We went to visit him and his family Labor day weekend. The drive was horrendous. Rory was crying half the time and we had to listen to "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz over and over and over again. I swear I've heard that song over a million times now. For some weird reason it calms her down. Always has. I even remember singing it to her in the hospital - maybe that's why. I'm not sure. Anyways, she did not enjoy being in the car that long. We packed a lunch and stopped at the civic center in Historic Globe to eat. We stayed for a while to let Rory stretch out some and play. She stalked and yelled at other kids and then came the swing. I didn't think we were going to get her out of it. She loves to swing and feel the breeze. She was definitely not exited about getting back in the car.

When we finally got to their house, we were greeted by their three year old Peyton. "Hi, I'm Peyton" and "Do you have any kids?" or "Do you have any other kids?" made me realize we don't see these kids enough. They were soooo excited to have us visiting. Landon and I changed quickly and left for the Temple. Jill and Cameron were kind enough to watch Rory for us. Thanks guys! Landon had just been to the Omaha temple the month before. He said it's almost identical to the Snowflake temple. It was definitely the smallest one I've been to and was COMPLETELY packed. They even had to bring out some folding chairs. It seemed like it took forever and I was super tired, but I'm happy we were able to go.

Rory did not want to sleep that night. She cried and cried and so did I until Landon took her for a 2:00 am drive. He really is the BEST! The next morning we were greeted by some yummy french toast. After breakfast, we headed to a desert race that Landon wanted to see. Apparently this was the 'real' reason we made the trek to Snowflake that weekend. We got there towards the end of the class he wanted to watch. I felt really bad that we didn't get to see more.


Before it started raining on us at the race. She's such a daddy's girl.


When we had to retreat to the car. It was fun getting to wear sweaters.

After we left the race, Landon drove around for a couple hours while Rory and I napped. We spent the rest of the day hanging out with Cameron and Jill and Jill's parents who were also visiting. It was a nice relaxing day. We stayed up late talking and sharing funny stories with Cameron and Jill. Rory didn't sleep again that night and we decided to cancel any near future road trips/vacations with Rory. We left the next morning and gave Rory some Ibuprofen beforehand. I guess kids get sore riding in a car for long periods of time. It makes sense. I was pretty sore myself. The drive home was much more pleasant. Rory caught up on sleep most of the way home. It was a pretty fun weekend and I'm thankful for the time we were able to spend with Jill and Cameron. Thanks again for letting us crash!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Okay! 1) LOVE your header! So flippin' Cute! 2) We loved having you guys come visit!! It was so fun to just sit and talk and hang out! Sorry Rory had such a hard time. 3) next time you want to visit you'll only have to drive 3 hours instead of 6!