Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Projects and Babies!

I haven't been get many substitute teaching calls since school started in Benson. It's starting to pic up a bit with sports and flu season, but I've still had a lot of time on my hands. This has led to me taking on some new hobbies and continuing with those I've already enjoyed. I've never been one for sewing or anything like that, but there are a lot of cute things I want for Rory and am not willing to pay lots of money for. So, the sewing machine has been pulled out of the closet.


I thought these little ear hats are crazy cute. They're so easy to make. I've also made one in camo to see what it would look like. I love it. I think I'll do a camo with pink stitching for Rory.


My little model and her 'bear' hat.


My cousin just had a baby on the 7th. I've been super excited to have someone close to Rory's age for her to grow up with. These are some of the projects I made for little Paige.


I heard her room is decorated with lady bugs and stuff, so I made her a lady bug tutu!


Here's a close up of the matching bow.


This 'bear' cap was so tiny. I wasn't sure if it would fit, but it was perfect.


Some of my non-slip barrets using my favorite ribbon and a little bling.


I also made a diva 'P'. It was so pink and sparkly. And every baby girl needs a giant flower headband with some bling.


I also wanted to try out making stacking blocks, but only got the big one done. Paige came a few days earlier than expected, so I still have to finish this project.

I've been thinking about making some stuff for boutiques that are held around this season. I feel like my head is all over the place wanting to try new things, so it's been really hard to focus on just a few things. Any suggestions on what I should focus on or what you would want to buy at a boutique would be greatly appreciated. I really want to try out a framed barret holder and some gift card holder ornaments. I'll post pics when I get them done.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

You should focus on flower and bow headbands...they are always really cute...but so is the rest of your stuff. I almost thought you were going to say you were having another baby because of your title...lol...

Kris said...

Oh no! Not you too! I just can't bear to be around all you crafty, creative people. It's painful to be so creatively-challenged. I LOVE the little hats.

Rachel said...

Yeah a new post! Love the hat and barrettes and the stacking block. They are so cute, you really should sell them, people would buy them, I would! The school has a craft fair on Dec 5th if you are interested. Rory is so cute, I hope she is feeling better, I haven't seen you guys for a long time. Come out and play would you?

Casey said...

I think I would buy anything on there for a little girl. I am so hoping for a little girl for all the little cute stuff. I am so not crafty though, wish I was everything is adorable, escpecially the hat for winter (if it ever comes).

Brent and Brooke said...

Your stuff is really cute! Having a little girl is so much fun because they have so many accessories!